Some more stuff I had meant to post about earlier, but didn't get the chance to:
- Phil Jackson has a new book about his last season with the Los Angeles Lakers, and it contains unflattering stuff about Kobe Bryant. Read all the dirty details in the CNN/SI excerpts.
- Speaking of which, there is a chance that ABC will hire Phil Jackson as their lead analyst. And the first game on ABC's schedule? Shaq's Miami Heat coming back to LA to face Kobe's Lakers. [ Log-in Info ]
- I caught the first three games of the ALCS on TV last week, with the Yankees basically murdering the Red Sox. New York was looking to sweep earlier tonight, but Boston made a dramatic comeback to win the game in extra innings. Maybe they'd complete their greatest comeback this week, with me not being able to watch any of their games anymore.
- Lately, I've been listening to, and enjoying, <S>andwich's Thanks to the Moon's Gravitational Pull. I was never really a big fan of the group, but I was blown away by Cambio's Derby Light album, where majority of the songs were written by Raimund Marasigan. So I decided to get the new <S>andwich album, looking for at least a little bit of Lemon's magic in it. It's a good album, but it's not nearly as good as Derby Light, which is, for my money, the best OPM album released since we finished high school. Derby Light is so good it's more than made up for my slight disappointment with Sugarfree's latest Dramachine.
- If we were in the US, someone would have already filed a class action suit against ABS-CBN for making Judy Ann Santos wear tights as a superheroine. On prime time, at that.
- Speaking of flying, I heard GMA-7 still looking for their Darna after the original choice Nadine Samonte was cast in another role. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing GMA killing off that godawful bird show and cast Angel Locsin as Darna. I bet she'd look much lovelier in a Darna costume than in a pair of crappy CG wings. Wouldn't you?